1-1/4" Oxygen-Barrier Insulated PEX Piping 5 Wrap (Red/Blue Pipes) [ft]
This is Insulated Outdoor Wood Furnace & Boiler 1-1/4" PEX Pipe. In all our dual line piping systems there is a layer of insulation between the two pipes.
The tubing is also approved for use with potable hot water and with ANY outdoor wood stove. Oxygen barrier tubing is recommended for all types of systems to prevent oxygen diffusion through the pex tubing.
For closed systems an oxygen barrier is a must. For open systems it greatly reduces the amount of oxygen in the water which limits corrosion. As proven, oxygenated water causes aggressive corrosion of any metal.
It can even be placed above ground for mid-winter installations. This insulated pex piping is taped solid from one end to the other so that the insulation remains tight around the pex tubing and keeps your lines hot. Other manufacturers of pipe just tape down the seam and the insulation is loose around the pipe.
The pex tubing carries a 25 YEAR WARRANTY. A free copy of the written warranty is available upon request to our email address.
The package consists of
- A flexible 5" waterproof corrugated plastic pipe (see pictures)
- Two 1-1/4" pex lines (one red, one blue pipe for easy identification)
- 5 wrapped low-E closed-cell foil-faced aluminum insulation (see pictures), fully taped from end to end, not just down the seam of the insulation like others do!
- A string line inside the 5" pipe for snaking anything else through the piping
- 300 foot maximum continuous length of roll
- Each order includes a termination cap (shown in picture) for each end [extra caps are additional]
|Test Results for Insulated Pipe Test (12-30-2010)|
per 100 ft
|Temp Loss per ft||BTU loss |
|BTU loss |
per 100 ft
|1" NOB Triple Wrap Insulated Pipe||500 ft||5||6.2°F||1.24°F||.012°F||31.06||3106.2|
|1" NOB Five Wrap Insulated Pipe||500 ft||5||3.1°F||0.62°F||.006°F||15.53||1553.1|