3,600,000 BTU 316L Stainless Steel Pool Heat Exchanger Outdoor Wood Boiler
This type of heat exchanger is used to heat a Swimming Pool or Spa from any Hydronic system such as an outdoor furnace. It can also be used in conjunction with an existing gas, propane or oil fired boiler.
Specifically, it is used to keep the pool and boiler water separate while providing an efficient means to transfer heat between the two systems. This model can be used for up to a 316,800 gallon pool at a 1°F/hour heat up rate.
These heat exchangers can also be used in traditional indoor boilers, geothermal, solar, biodiesel, and other industrial/manufacturing applications.
- Constructed with corrugated tubes for optimal efficiency
- Less expensive, more durable, and easier to install than brazed plate heat exchangers
- Designed to perform at high fluid velocities with low pressure drops
- Complete welded construction ensuring strength and durability
Due to high flow rates through the exchanger, it is inherently self cleaning.
Stainless Steel heat exchangers are NOT intended for use with salt water pools. For salt water pools, please see our Cupro-Nickel or Titanium Pool Heat Exchangers.
- Constructed using all 316L Stainless Steel
- Output: 3,600,000 BTU/hr
- Boiler (Tube) Side: 2-1/2" FNPT Fittings
- Pool (Shell) Side: 4" FNPT Fittings
- Shell side ports on opposing sides for optimal efficiency
Units with same side ports are also available.
For occasional (weekend & holidays) use we recommend a 2x multiplier to obtain a 2°F/hr heat up rate.
Covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturers defects (Do NOT place chlorine in skimmer basket, and if using an auto-chlorinator, be sure to install a check valve between the heat exchanger and the auto-chlorinator).