1" ID Oxygen-Barrier Insulated PEX-AL-PEX Piping 5 Wrap (Orange Pipes) [ft]
This is Insulated Outdoor Wood Furnace & Boiler 1" ID Pex-Al-Pex Pipe. In all our dual line piping systems there is a layer of insulation between the two pipes. The tubing is also approved for use with potable hot water and with ANY outdoor wood stove.
It can even be placed above ground for mid-winter installations. This insulated pex piping is taped solid from one end to the other so that the insulation remains tight around the pex tubing and keeps your lines hot. Other manufacturers of pipe just tape down the seam and the insulation is loose around the pipe.
One of the reasons people buy Pex-Al-Pex tubing is because of its true 1" inside diameter (ID). This allows for alot more flow for those longer runs and those with more heat load. This pipe built with a layer of aluminum between two layers of pex creating a 100% oxygen barrier.
The pex tubing carries a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. A free copy of the written warranty is available upon request to our email address.
The package consists of
- A flexible 5" waterproof corrugated plastic pipe (see pictures)
- Two 1" Pex-Aluminum-Pex lines (both orange pipes)
- 5 wrapped low-E closed-cell foil-faced aluminum insulation (see pictures), fully taped from end to end, not just down the seam of the insulation like others do!
- A string line inside the 5" pipe for snaking anything else through the piping
- Each order includes a termination cap (shown in picture) for each end [extra caps are additional]
|Test Results for Insulated Pipe Test (12-30-2010)|
per 100 ft
|Temp Loss per ft||BTU loss |
|BTU loss |
per 100 ft
|1" NOB Triple Wrap Insulated Pipe||500 ft||5||6.2°F||1.24°F||.012°F||31.06||3106.2|
|1" NOB Five Wrap Insulated Pipe||500 ft||5||3.1°F||0.62°F||.006°F||15.53||1553.1|